Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS22-00058
During this difficult period, you might be feeling overwhelmed by a sense of helplessness or dread and this might be added to other issues in your life such as stress at work, difficulties in your relationship, loss, an illness, experiencing feelings of anxiety, having conflicting or disturbing thoughts or wishing to understand yourself better. Expressing yourself to an independent counselling professional can be easier than opening up to your immediate circle of friends and family at times.
You might find that talking about your feelings with a therapist could help.
I believe, choosing a counsellor you will feel able to trust and feel comfortable and safe with is essential. Sharing difficult , disturbing thoughts and feelings can be daunting and finding a counsellor you feel able to open to might be the first step to an improved sense of wellbeing.
I will offer a free initial telephone chat to ensure we can work together, this also allows you to make an informed choice whether to engage in therapy with me. I am able to offer you a safe, non-judgemental, accepting and supportive environment where we may explore what matters to you and where you can:
- feel able to just be yourself; deal with anger, fears, anxieties old and new;
- search for a healthy way to express any issues and feelings you may have;
- try to understand your own attitudes and behaviours;
- explore changes you might want to make in your life;
- simply take time for yourself and your personal development.
Together we can work on helping you make sense of how you feel, in time helping you feel more in control and more able to live your life as fully as you wish.
I work with young people from 11 years of age and adults.
When we meet for the first time, you will have the opportunity to ask questions and determine whether you would be happy to come to me for counselling. For my part, I will assess if I think I can help you. We will decide whether we can work together, it is essential you find the right counsellor for you.
If we decide to work together, during the second session, we will agree on ground rules such as confidentiality and in-therapy boundaries to keep both you, the client and myself, the counsellor aware and safe.
- Qualifications & Experience2020- Certification for Teaching of Mindfulness for adults (MBLC-Mindfulness Based Living Course) with The Mindfulness Association.
2019- Certificate for Counselling Children and Young People (11-18 years) at the University of Strathclyde.
2016- Post Graduate Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling -The University of Strathclyde
2002-Post Graduate Diploma in Education- The Uni. Of Strathclyde
1997- BA Degree in Community Education - The Uni. Of Strathclyde
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Job interviews
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Suicidal feelings
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken