Member Status: Accredited
Member No: BS00P03
Thank you for taking the time to click through to my profile. I hope it will give you a flavour of my counselling work. I am more than happy to answer any questions you have or to discuss how counselling could be beneficial for you. Please feel free to get in touch to let me know how I can help you further.
Since 2008 I have worked with clients with a wide range of backgrounds, ages, races and difficulties. My primary aim is to provide a safe, caring environment where clients can feel accepted and supported. When we feel safe, we have much greater potential to explore our struggles or frustrations as well as our dreams and desires of how we would like to be. While we may not be able to change the people or situation around us, we can take control of how we live our lives to be more inline with the incredible and unique people we were born to be.
I work with adults, couples and young people (age 11+), face-to-face in North Tonbridge, online via Zoom or on the telephone. My work is most often medium to long term, and I am happy to do shorter term work if that is what you would like.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI hold an Advanced Diploma in Christian Counselling, and work with people of any or no faith. I also hold a Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling and a Level 5 Certificate in Counselling Young People (age 11+).
I am an integrative counsellor, using different approaches as relevant and helpful for each client.
I have worked within agencies and in private practice with a variety of clients since 2008.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Children / teenagers
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Illness and dying
- Immune system support
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken