Ms Carol Harrington
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: CH00P05
Gaining insight into the way we feel, think and behave is a starting point into developing self-compassion, strength and resilience. As an experienced integrative counsellor and supervisor I am increasing finding that the Internal Family Systems (IFS) model is an effective method for gaining that insight, enabling change and bringing peace of mind. For more information see https://ifs-institute.com/
My work focuses on a deeper understanding of your ‘self’ and how you may have adapted in your life to deal with challenges. You will be treated as a unique human being ie not your ‘disorder’, your addiction or your problematic thinking or behaviour but rather as someone who is doing their best to manage a difficult situation with maybe a difficult past.
Having a trusting supportive therapeutic relationship is the foundation to working together towards positive change and with this in mind I offer a free 15 minute introduction for us both to meet and consider working together.
You are most welcome to get in touch.
- Qualifications & ExperienceHigher National Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
Diploma in Individual and Group Counselling Supervision
Level 1 and 2 IFS (Internal Family Systems)
I have attended numerous short courses and workshops on a host of topics related to counselling.
Level 3 training with Janina Fisher on the impact of trauma
Cruse Bereavement Care Training
Accredited by the Infant Loss Foundation
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken