Emma Brooke Gilding
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: EG00P09
How it works
By cultivating a safe, confidential space, without any judgement, but with the utmost respect and compassion for your experiences and journey, I can support you in exploring anything which is holding you back, and help you to create the awareness you need to make the right decisions for you going forward.
You are always in control of the process, and can use our time together to process your feelings without the need to censor yourself, as well as explore different options for how you'd like to move forward. Your intuition will develop and guide you towards what is best for you.
I bring my training and experience in integrative, holistic counselling, therapeutic coaching, mindfulness, meditation and yoga to give you the tools to choose from to decide which work best for you. You bring yourself - willingness, worries and anything else, and we work together, side by side, until you feel ready to go forward without me.
I have further training in Gestalt Therapy, and study and practice the principles of teachings like the Law of Attraction, A Course In Miracles, and Science of Mind. All this means that I have a very present and relational approach to our work - I care about how you feel now, how you relate to your environment and the people in it, how you want to feel in the future, and what will help you feel like you are living as the best version of yourself.
How to get started:
I work online, via secure video call (Zoom), in weekly 50 minute sessions. If you would like to have an informal chat about how I might be able to help, please go to www.emmabrooke.as.me/consult to see my calendar and book in.
- Qualifications & ExperienceMy experience has taught me that it is often not about a specific tool or technique brought into the therapeutic relationship, but rather the genuine human connection between coach and client which can be of greatest benefit. To know that there is someone who isn't going to judge you, or anyone else, outside of your day to day life, who supports you and believes in you is something sadly not enough people have experienced. This external support goes a huge way towards assisting you to build your own strength and resilience and to help you heal whatever it is that has been stopping you reaching full happiness.
That said, my training and qualifications are below:
- ICF ACC Qualifying Coaching Certificate - Coachayra - completed 2020
- Professional Training in Gestalt Therapy - Terrigal Gestalt Institute - completed 2019
- Therapeutic Coaching Skills Certificate - The Integrated Coaching Academy - Awarded 2017
- 100 hour Mindfulness Teacher Training - Teach Mindfulness with Shamash Alidina - Completed 2016
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling (leading to membership of BACP and the Accredited Voluntary Register) - Chrysalis Courses - Awarded November 2014 (including year long supervised placement at The City and East London Bereavement Service)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills (Affiliated with the National Hypnotherapy Society) - Chrysalis Courses - Awarded November 2011
- Certificate in Counselling - Institute of Counselling - awarded 2010
- CYQ Level 3 Yoga Teacher - Yoga Professionals - awarded 2009
- BA (Hons) in Human Resource Management with Graduate membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (C.I.P.D.) and Placement Year - University of Central Lancashire, Preston - September 2002 – May 2006 Classification: 2:1, Distinction in Placement
- What I can help with
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Panic attacks
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Languages Spoken