Ms Diane Knight
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS15-01901
The reason I have trained as a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist is because I have benefit immensely from receiving CBT therapy and I want to pass that on.
I am authentic in my approach and I place great importance on compassion and self acceptance.
I've found that most people who come to see me are struggling with some form of anxiety or stress, low self worth and/or depression (which they quite often don't recognise until we complete an inventory!) Worrying about what people think about them, anxious about social events, stressed at work, struggling to juggle everything and taking it out on family members, angry at the injustice of it all, feeling worthless and a lack of hope and teary. These are just some of the things that are creating problems in their lives until they come to see me and we create a shift by developing a rational, helpful mindset! Changing the beliefs.
- Qualifications & Experience* Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)/ Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT)
* Advanced Diploma in Integrative Therapy
* Certificate in Mindfulness Teaching
* Certificate in Working with Narcissism
Using the enhanced training I received as an Integrative therapist, I incorporate different approaches and techniques alongside CBT to help with the clients progress.
Ie. Mindfulness, Solution Focused therapy, Compassion Focused Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment therapy.
I’ve also trained as a Mindfulness Teacher
I regularly receive supervision and I'm committed to ongoing professional development.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Languages Spoken