Mr Andrew Smith
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS15-02356
Hi, I'm Andy! I'm a counsellor with NHS experience supporting adults and younger people across Hampshire and Surrey. My approach is relaxed and informal because that's the sort of person I am. I believe that a relaxed atmosphere helps us both have the space and time to explore whatever issues or problems that need to be discussed.
I have worked with people to;
* Understand and address problems with anxiety
* Build feelings of confidence and self-esteem
* Appropriately manage stress and unhelpful behaviours
* Challenge unhelpful patterns of thinking
* Explore and understand their thoughts and feelings
* Become more motivated to achieve their goals
Each problem a person experiences is unique so I'm very happy to have a chat about how we could work together.
I possess an enhanced DBS certificate as, in addition to my private practice, I work as a Youth Counsellor in the West Surrey and North East Hampshire Youth Counselling Service. This is part of Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust's Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS). I work in private practice located in Aldershot as well as The Eaves Counselling and Psychology Services in Farnham as well as in Chiswick as an associate with Nicholas Rose & Associates. I also offer online or telephone appointments in addition to face-to-face sessions.
While training to become a counsellor, I gained experience working with the Local Authority supporting the care needs of older adults and people with physical disabilities. I also have also worked with the local GP Federation and within integrated care teams, supporting people with complex care needs. I have also worked in business development as part of an Academic Health Science Network before finishing my training and making counselling my main vocation. In the Youth Counselling Service, I also work to support counsellors who join us for their studies and take an active role in their training and induction into the service.
I have always worked to support people in the public sector as this is something I am truly passionate about. Mental health is such an important, yet sometimes overlooked, facet of our lives so if you feel like you, or your child, could benefit from talking then please get in touch so we could see how we could work together.
I'll look forward to hearing from you!
- Qualifications & ExperienceAd Prof Dip PC - Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Level 5)
Ad Dip PC - (Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Level 4)
Dip PC - Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Level 3)
Dip Hyp CS - Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills
BSc (Hons) Psychology
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Job interviews
- Parenting skills
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Start exercising
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken