Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS16-03763
Welcome to my profile, my name is Nikki. I am a professionally trained and qualified psychotherapeutic counsellor and supervisor offering therapy services to both adults and young people.
I work with clients with a range of issues including; stress and anxiety, depression, self-esteem, relationships and grief. I have specialist training in grief and loss through my work as a Bereavement Volunteer and Supervisor for Cruse Bereavement Care providing emotional support to anyone who has experienced loss through the death of a loved one.
Additionally, I tutor in counselling skills at a Further Education College supporting students to gain their qualifications. I also tutor on an Awareness of Mental Health course which I find links well with my counselling practice.
I am also a qualified Cruse Bereavement Care trained, person-centred supervisor offering support to counsellors and counsellors-in-training on a one-to-one basis. I believe robust supervision is vital for the development of all therapeutic relationships.
By building a safe and supportive space, I can help my supervisees to explore both their needs and the needs of their clients, provide empathetic understanding and also allow them to develop insight and self-awareness for their personal growth.
Please contact me for further information. Please note that I only offer online support.
- Qualifications & ExperienceMy counselling experience and continued professional development is underpinned by the following qualifications:
Level 4 Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
Level 4 Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling
Supervision qualification with Cruse Bereavement Care
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Childbirth: labour
- Childbirth: pregnancy
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken