Miss Kerry Courtney
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS17-04486
I will support you in a safe and confidential environment. It is important for you as the client to feel no judgement with your vulnerability and to grow in a peaceful, non-judgemental atmosphere at your own pace. I make sure to provide a space for you to sit with your feelings, allowing you to explore techniques to help understand your emotions, learn how to be in the here and now and to develop your sense of personal freedom.
If you feel ready to explore an issue you are struggling with and would like someone to walk your journey with you, please do not hesitate to contact me via email or phone call to arrange an assessment.
I have a Facebook page (Kerry Courtney Counselling) where I post tips and information on different issues. This month the focus is on DECISION MAKING and exploring ways to help you become more resilient, decisive and in control of your own needs.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI began my counselling training in 2007, gaining a degree in Humanistic Counselling Practice before completing my Post-Qualifying Diploma in Counselling Children and Young People. I completed my certificate in Complex Trauma and Childhood Abuse in Summer 2017.
I have been working as an Integrative Counsellor for the last six years, focusing on the Person-centred Approach. My counselling experience has been in a community-based setting, as well as working as a Youth Counsellor in a primary and post-primary school setting. This has given me experience working with all ages and issues.
I offer one to one counselling for all ages; group work for children and young people who are struggling with specific issues; parenting support for challenging behaviour and a safe space for families to explore ongoing issues, if necessary. I am also a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP).
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Parenting skills
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken