Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS17-04729
**During COVID-19 I'm offering online Skype/zoom Counselling**
Welcome to my profile, my name is Tam, I have a wealth of experience of working with all problems with Anxiety being my specialist area. If you would like to have a read below and then get in touch where you will get a more natural and warmer sense of who I am and how I can help you.
I Connect with how you feel
I completely understand that life can feel overwhelming with apprehension or lack of drive and self-worth that can control and take over our way of living, so much so that it becomes the way we live. This can create a sense of being hopelessly stuck with these dominating problems, such as anxiety, panic attacks, anger, stress, low self-esteem, depression etc. You may even feel alone and disconnected from family and other relationships in your life because of the isolation that can come with these persistent problems. Maybe you feel exhausted but but can’t sleep because of those anxious thoughts that keep looping through your mind.
How Counselling with me can help you
I help you to use the courage and wisdom that you have within you, to unravel and make connections from past events to current behaviours and thinking. To have a clearer understanding of why things are the way they are and how they're not your fault, to gently build your confidence, re-balance your emotional system and make positive life changes so that you can regain control and find happiness. I work wholeheartedly with compassion and kindness putting your well being at the very centre, so you will feel supported in a non-judgemental confidential and safe space.
My qualifications and experience.
I'm a registered and accredited Psychotherapeutic Counsellor in private practice for both adults and teenagers as well as working with the NHS youth counselling service in the GP surgery. I work with all problems such as anxiety, depression, trauma, anger, sexual and domestic abuse, panic, low confidence, low mood etc, with anxiety being my specialised area. I am an approved anxiety UK therapist and have expertise with a broad range of different anxieties including GAD. I have extensive experience working with teenagers in schools, NHS, private practice and other organisations.
Next Steps 4 you
1) The next steps would be to contact me either by phone or email and we can arrange a free telephone consultation.
2) During the consultation, we can discuss the reasons you are thinking of coming to Counselling and what you would like to get out of it.
3) If you are happy to continue then we can set up a date for your first session.
4) After your first session, we can book further weekly sessions if you would like to continue.
For a free telephone consultation please call 07932452598 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more info then please take a tour of my website www.time4talking.com
- Qualifications & ExperienceLevel 5 Diploma in counselling
level 4 Diploma in counselling
Solution Focused Brief Therapy
NHS Youth Counselling Service (In GP practice)
PLace2be school Counselling
Breast cancer and double mastectomy: Creator of a global support group
pastoral mentoring (in school)
Applied relaxation therapy
Regular and continual safe guarding: keeping children safe in school
School pupil pastoral mentoring course
Current and up to date DBS
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Bereavement / Loss
- Childbirth: fertility
- Childbirth: labour
- Childbirth: pregnancy
- Children / teenagers
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Illness and dying
- Immune system support
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Sporting performance
- Start exercising
- Stop smoking
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken