Mrs Joanne Vickers
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS17-05186
Location: Lincoln, Grantham & Boston
I work with whatever you choose to bring into the room. My aim is to co-create a trusting environment, offering you a place to bring and share your unique experiences and begin to explore and understand how they have impacted you. I believe everyone can benefit from sharing their stories in the right environment; often being truly heard for the first time. Nonetheless, this can feel odd initially, sat sharing information with a stranger. I work creatively to support you in doing this. Responding to your individual needs.
- Qualifications & ExperienceBA (Hons) Humanistic Counselling Practice
Accredtited Registrant (MNCS)
Level 6 Supervision Certificate (Cpcab).
I have experience of working in school environments.
I currently, also work with a charity who provide counselling for survivors of Rape and Sexual abuse.
My training included a focus on Trauma, Sex and Sexuality and Solution Focussed interventions.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken