Mr David Simon
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS17-05572
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
What I do is called Person-Centred counselling. I work face-to-face with adult clients as individuals or couples in a private and confidential setting, for short-term or long-term work. My aim is to provide a therapeutic environment in which we can work together, safely exploring any emotionally difficult and / or complex personal issues.
By actively listening to you, and genuinely trying to understand and fully accept who you are, a therapeutic relationship can form. With an effective rapport established, in which you are neither judged nor pushed but instead supported and encouraged, you are free to find your own way.
I hope that we can arrange a meeting soon, for a half-price consultation.
- Qualifications & ExperienceBA in Philosophy. Counselling Diploma. Certificate in Supervision. Specialist training in groupwork, couples work and bereavement counselling. Over five years in private practice, covering face-to-face, online and telephone work.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Sexuality Identity
- Suicidal feelings
- Languages Spoken