Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-05931
* NOTE: Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, I will be transferring my practice to on-line therapy. These are challenging times for us all. Please do get in touch if you need some support through the difficulties resulting from covid-19.
I'm a therapist curious and interested in what it means to live a human life. I am passionate about holding a safe and heart-centred space where people can gently explore the different and often contradictory parts of themselves.
As well as a desire to build a trusted relationship with my client by simply being together and talking things through, I enjoy using mindfulness techniques and embodiment practices that bring about body, mind and soul awareness.
What's important to me is working according to the needs and wants of the individual. The client leads, I follow.
I see it that feeling at home in our skin is our birth right and yet so many of us struggle to find ease within ourselves, especially now in these challenging times, rife with disconnection, dis-ease and addiction. My interest is in finding ways to to hep individuals counter-balance the dominant, often negative forces inside and outside of us.
This can happen during therapy where we get curious, creative and begin to embrace the depths of who we are and what we feel.
It inspires me when I witness, time and again, the human capacity to find strength and resilience in the face of adversity. It just might be that a little support goes a long way.
I am a fully qualified psychotherapist. As well as counselling adults, I also work with young people.
I have worked in various roles within the field of mental health for the last 15 years. I am a Mum of two children, a dedicated dog owner, enjoying (and sometimes suffering) the slings and arrows of outrageous family life.
- Qualifications & ExperienceAdvanced Diploma Integrative and Humanistic Counselling, MNCS (Accred)
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Childbirth: fertility
- Childbirth: labour
- Childbirth: pregnancy
- Children / teenagers
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Illness and dying
- Immune system support
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Sporting performance
- Start exercising
- Stop smoking
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken