Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-06619
My Approach: To me, all humans have the potential to experience personal peace despite the cards they may have been dealt at birth and/or through their child and adulthood.
I have an integrated person-centred perspective because I have a ‘one size does not fit all’ perspective from working with a wide diversity of people and my own life story, I searched for and found wisdom in many different vessels. My life-long interest is in helping people to discover their own wisdom and in aiding them to apply their personal insights and self-knowledge to lead a more fulfilled life.
Where it all started: I took up photography, initially thinking it would take me around the world but in fact it brought the world to me. Eventually I applied my practical and creative skills to became a community artist and I learnt to teach, using photography to help people who were marginalised from the mainstream and young people who struggled to fit into school. Then I became a youth worker with a substance misuse/ hidden harm specialism. Becoming a counsellor with aims to work cross-culturally was the natural step on for me to take.
- Qualifications & ExperienceProfessional Diploma in Integrative and Psychotherapy
CRUSE- Bereavement Support Foundation Course
OCN- Level 3 Award in Youth Work Practice
BAAT - Foundation in Art Psychotherapy
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Children / teenagers
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken