Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-07100
If you're struggling with difficult feelings around your gender or sexuality counselling could be the answer.
It can be hard to take that first step towards contacting a counsellor. But it can also come as a huge relief - just to share how you are feeling with a warm and empathic professional.
I use a humanistic approach to counselling, which is less technique-based than other approaches and gives you the freedom to make choices and set your own goals. You are free to explore any aspect of your life experience – past, present and future – rather than focusing on just one specific problem or issue. Sessions take place weekly and can be either open-ended or short-term.
I have a wealth of experience working in the LGBTQ community having previously worked for Brighton charities LGBT Switchboard, Allsorts Youth Project, and MindOut and, and now currently infor my private practice: Sussex Rainbow Counselling. I have particular expertise in working with issues around gender identity, sexual orientation and mental health.
- Qualifications & ExperiencePost Graduate Diploma in Humanistic Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Merit) - University of Brighton
General Certificate in Online Counselling & Psychotherapy (Distinction) - Academy for Online Counselling & Psychotherapy
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken