Mrs Lynn Anne Usher
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-07390
I am a fully qualified, accredited counsellor (Dip. Couns.) working with Transactional Analysis; a form of Psychotherapy.
Throughout difficult periods of my life I have personally benefitted from counselling and therapy. This ignited a desire in me to enable and empower others to achieve the change and fulfilment they desire.
It’s essential that you feel listened to and safe and I believe my job is to provide a confidential and non-judgemental space, nurturing an open and honest relationship which builds trust and provides a container in which to explore growth and change.
I am happy to share in the process and rationale behind my work to support you to make the changes you want from our sessions together.
Areas of experience
I work with adults (16+),offering short term, medium term and long-term counselling – the length of time we work together will be determined by individual need. Please book an initial assessment to discuss this.
In my private practice, I have supported clients through a wide range of issues such as; Anxiety, Depression, Stress & work related stress, Suicidal thoughts and self-harm, Anger management, Relationship problems, Bereavement & Loss, Fertility.
I work as a volunteer supporting carers of people with life-limiting illnesses including; Dementia, Cancer, Parkinson's, Bi-polar, Addiction and Chronic pain.
Training and qualifications
3 clinical years of Psychotherapy training
Additionally, I have attended extensive continued professional development in the therapeutic arena
- Qualifications & ExperienceI am a fully qualified, accredited counsellor. Dip. Couns. working with Psychotherapy, and Solution Focused Therapy.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Childbirth: fertility
- Childbirth: labour
- Childbirth: pregnancy
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Illness and dying
- Immune system support
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Prescribed Psychiatric Drug Dependence/Withdrawal
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Sporting performance
- Start exercising
- Stop smoking
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken