Mrs Anna-Maria DiLieto
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS19-07616
- I am a MBACP and MNCS Accredited Psychotherapist & Counsellor
- I offer an Integrative, Personal and Relational therapeutic approach incorporating various theories & modalities (incl. but not limited to: Psychodynamic; CBT; Person-Centred; Interpersonal; EFT; Existential; SFT; Humanistic) focusing on each client’s individual needs.
- I work with approaches recognised and approved by the WHO (World Health Organisation) and UK Governments NICE Guidelines (National Institute of Health and Care Excellence)
- I have over 28 years extensive experience working in the corporate and volunteer sectors providing support, development, coaching, mentoring and counselling, with a focus on helping people make positive lasting changes in their lives.
- My background training has included Business, Law, Applied Psychology, Psychotherapy and Therapeutic Counselling
- In addition to my private practice, I have worked in the charity sector with Place 2 Be, Link Youth Counselling and Mind
- I offer Online and Telephone Sessions Nationally and In-Person Face2Face in Wembley, London
- I have experience working with Depression; Abuse; Anxiety; Stress; Grief; Trauma; Difficult Memories and Life Experiences; Personality and Mood Disorders; Attachment Issues; Relationship Issues; Self-Esteem and Confidence Issues and many other areas of mental health.
- I offer long-term ongoing therapy and brief dynamic short-term therapy
EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND
My interest in Psychology began back in 1996 where I studied Applied Psychology as part of my Law and Business Degree. I then worked in many roles over the years which focused on the development, progress, training and nurturing of my employees and colleagues paying particular attention to their mental health and wellbeing realising that these two significant factors played a very important part in the path each individual would embark on. All the companies I worked with had an ‘Investors in People’ Programme for which I championed and helped the companies excel in.
Working in the corporate and charity sectors, as well as drawing on my own personal experiences, gave me in-depth understanding of workplace differences and challenges faced by those living life juggling career pressures, personal life struggles and family commitments amongst other things. It became abundantly clear to me that investment in one’s own mental and physical wellbeing was investment for positive life changes and a happy more content existence. This was the catalyst for me to further my passion in mental health and dedicate myself to helping others achieve positive change and better wellbeing.
BENEFITS OF THERAPY
-It offers the opportunity to focus on areas of your life where you might feel challenged & overwhelmed.
- It will help deal with elements of life that might throw you off balance.
- It gives you a safe, confidential, non-judgemental, compassionate place to talk where perhaps talking to friends or family isn’t an option
- It’s the chance to prioritise your own well-being and self-care.
- It helps address your fears, anxieties, worries, difficult emotions, anger, pain, sadness or loss
- It will help you to heal & move forward in a positive way.
- It will stimulate your sense of curiosity & increase your self-awareness
- It will help you embrace change.
- You can explore your concerns in the here & now and also journey into your past experiences and your childhood to explore what might be affecting your present-day world
- It will help you understand how your past experiences inform who you are today.
- It offers a chance to experience a unique relationship of implicit trust, openness & acceptance
- It will give you the opportunity to gain a better understanding of yourself
HOW AN INTEGRATIVE APPROACH CAN HELP.
Integrative psychotherapy brings together various psychotherapeutic approaches and has the view that no single approach is relevant for all situations. Each client is unique and as such the therapeutic technique implemented must be tailored to the needs to the individual client and the personal circumstances they present.
We are complex beings with complex thinking mechanisms and as such cannot have one brush stroke method applied to us. No one single theory can offer a comprehensive answer to all the personal challenges we face. The Integrative Approach takes into account that we all have different personalities, characteristics, experiences and individual needs and hence why those differences are reflected by the use of different approaches that match those varied human elements we all possess.
However, when all is said and done, for therapy to work, it must at the heart of it have a strong, containing, trusting relationship between therapist and client. That is when the work truly begins.
ONLINE & IN-PERSON SESSIONS (Location)
I offer Online Sessions (Nationally) via Zoom and other online platforms.
Face-to-Face In-Person Sessions at my practice in Wembley London will resume when it is deemed safe to do so. The practice is very easily accessible by road and public transport and has free on-street parking. Unfortunately, there is no wheelchair access. Visits to the practice are strictly by appointment only.
For further information visit www.mytimetoheal.co.uk/Contact-Me.html
WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE ?
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you might have, and we can arrange an initial consultation and further sessions from there. For more information, visit my website www.mytimetoheal.co.uk
© MyTimeToHeal 2021 - All Rights Reserved
- Qualifications & ExperienceTRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS
Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
Rewind Trauma Technique
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy [CBT]
Solution Focused Therapy [SFT]
Counselling Skills and Studies
Bereavement, Complex Grief, Death and Suicide
Psychological Models & Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Trauma, Complex Trauma, PTSD
Narcissistic Injury and Neglect
BA (Hons) Law with International Business and Applied Psychology
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
I attend regular specialised psychotherapy courses to maintain up-to-date training and continuous professional development (CPD).
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Childbirth: fertility
- Childbirth: labour
- Childbirth: pregnancy
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken