Mrs Anna-Maria DiLieto
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS19-07616
Hello and Welcome.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my directory page. My name is Anna-Maria and I am an Integrative Psychotherapist, Counsellor and EMDR Therapist. I understand wholeheartedly how taking that first step towards considering counselling can be nerve-racking and perhaps even a little anxiety provoking. This is perfectly normal but once you start, you will soon come to realise that it is not as scary as you might think!
Therapy can be of the most positive, life changing and liberating experiences one could embark. It offers many opportunities including that of re-instilling hope, a chance for self-reflection, clarity in your thinking, improved emotional well-being, the opportunity for positive change, a place to explore safely your distresses and concern, and the space to talk to someone in a safe and confidential environment without fear of judgement. A place where you can feel free to be your true selves and talk openly about whatever you need to and in ways in which you can't do with friends or family. A place to rediscover you.
Below is some information about me and how therapy and an Integrative approach can help you.
- I am a BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and NCS (National Counselling Society) Accredited Psychotherapist & Counsellor
- I am also an EMDR Therapist offering both online and in-person face-to-face treatment
- I offer an Integrative, Personal and Relational therapeutic approach incorporating a broad range of theories & modalities incl. but not limited to: Psychodynamic; Cognitive Behavioural Therapy CBT; Person-Centred; Interpersonal; Existential; Solution Focused Therapy SFT; Humanistic focusing on each client’s individual needs.
- I have over 28 years experience working in the private, corporate and volunteer sectors providing support, development, coaching, mentoring and counselling, with a focus on helping people make positive lasting changes in their lives.
- I work with approaches recognised and approved by the WHO (World Health Organisation) and UK Governments NICE Guidelines (National Institute of Health and Care Excellence)
- My background training has included Business, Law, Applied Psychology, Psychotherapy and Therapeutic Counselling
- In addition to my private practice, I have worked in the volunteer and charity sectors with Place 2 Be, Link Youth Counselling and Mind
- I offer Online Sessions Nationally and In-Person Face2Face in Wembley, London
- I have Experience working with Trauma & PTSD; Depression; Abuse; Anxiety; Stress; Grief; Shame; Difficult Memories and Life Experiences; Personality and Mood Disorders; Attachment Issues; Relationship Issues; Self-Esteem and Confidence Issues and many other areas of mental health.
- I offer long-term ongoing therapy and brief dynamic short-term therapy
- I have an Enhanced DBS Certificate
Benefits of Therapy
- It offers the opportunity to focus on areas of your life where you might feel challenged & overwhelmed.
- It will help deal with elements of life that might throw you off balance.
- It gives you a safe, confidential, non-judgemental, compassionate place to talk where perhaps talking to friends or family isn’t an option
- It’s the chance to prioritise your own well-being and self-care.
- It helps address your fears, anxieties, worries, difficult emotions, anger, pain, sadness or loss
- It will help you to heal & move forward in a positive way.
- It will stimulate your sense of curiosity & increase your self-awareness
- It will help you embrace change.
- You can Explore your concerns in the here & now and also journey into your past experiences and your childhood to explore what might be affecting your present-day world
- It will help you understand how your past experiences inform who you are today.
- It offers a chance to experience a unique relationship of implicit trust, openness & acceptance
- It will give you the opportunity to gain a better understanding of yourself
How an Integrative Approach can help
Integrative psychotherapy brings together various psychotherapeutic approaches and has the view that no single approach is relevant for all situations. Each client is unique and as such the therapeutic technique implemented must be tailored to the needs of the individual client and the personal circumstances they present.
We are complex beings with complex thinking mechanisms and as such cannot have one brush stroke method applied to us. No one single theory can offer a comprehensive answer to all the personal challenges we face. The Integrative Approach takes into account that we all have different personalities, characteristics, experiences and individual needs and hence why those differences are reflected by the use of different approaches that match those varied human elements we all possess.
However, when all is said and done, for therapy to work, it must at the heart of it have a strong, containing, trusting relationship between therapist and client. That is when the work truly begins.
Online and In-Person Sessions
I offer Online Sessions (nationally) as well as in-person face-to-face sessions at my practice in North Wembley, London. The practice is very easily accessible by road and public transport and has free on-street parking. Unfortunately, there is no wheelchair access. Visits to the practice are strictly by appointment only and will require a lateral flow test to be done prior to attending each session.
Would you like to know more?
Please feel free to contact me here with any questions you might have, and we can arrange an initial consultation and further sessions from there.
For more information, visit my website www.mytimetoheal.co.uk
© MyTimeToHeal 2021 - All Rights Reserved
- Qualifications & ExperienceMy interest in Psychology began back in 1996 where I studied Applied Psychology as part of my Law and Business Degree. I then worked in many roles over the years which focused on the development, progress, training and nurturing of my employees and colleagues paying particular attention to their mental health and wellbeing realising that these two significant factors played a very important part in the path each individual would embark on. All the companies I worked with had an ‘Investors in People’ Programme for which I championed and helped the companies excel in.
Working in the corporate, private and charity sectors, as well as drawing on my own personal experiences, gave me in-depth understanding of workplace differences and challenges faced by those living life juggling career pressures, personal life struggles and family commitments amongst other things. It became abundantly clear to me that investment in one’s own mental and physical wellbeing was investment for positive life changes and a happy more content existence. This was the catalyst for me to further my passion in mental health and dedicate myself to helping others achieve positive change and better wellbeing.
Training & Qualifications
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (PGDip)
- Certificate in EMDR
- Trauma, Complex Trauma, PTSD
- Certificate in Rewind Trauma Technique
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy [CBT] & Solution Focused Therapy [SFT]
- Certificate in Clinical Assessments
- Counselling Skills and Studies (PGCert)
- Bereavement, Complex Grief, Death and Suicide
- Attachment Theories
- Personality Disorders
- BA (Hons) Law with International Business and Applied Psychology
Additional Professional Training
I attend regular specialised psychotherapy seminars, workshops and courses to maintain up-to-date training and continuous professional development (CPD)
Other areas of mental health I work with include:
Catastrophising - Death and Dying - Flashbacks - Grief - Guilt - Hopelessness - Irritability - Life-Limiting or Terminal Illness Diagnosis - Loss - Nightmares - Parenting Issues - Self-Blame - Shame - Trust - Worrying - Work Stress - Loneliness
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Languages Spoken