Ms Karen Roper
Member Status: Senior Accredited
Member No: NCS19-07635
Since the beginning of the pandemic in 2020 I trained in online work which has been such a positive experience, that I believe that it offers another, and specialised dimension to our professional work. Working via telephone or online can offer more flexibility and accessibility especially with busy lives. However, its essential to me to ensure that it doesn't reduce the relational value of our work together which is fundamental to the success of the outcome. Our working relationship would remain rooted in acceptance, curiosity and understanding which is key to a positive counselling experience.
If you'd like either long or more focused short term therapy I can meet your needs and my professional background maintains my experience of working with people from different walks of life. My counselling experience has included helping people deal with anxiety (generalised anxiety disorder), trauma, (PTSD), stress and depression, loss and bereavement, relationship difficulties or issues, anger, abuse and health related problems. There is a particular interest surrounding trauma related effects on self-image, identity and self-esteem and I work particularly well with very sensitive people.
You may be experiencing uncertainty in life or with your self, perhaps overwhelming sadness or worries or may have difficulties within a relationship and feel talking it over may help.
If this is of interest to you and you feel I may 'fit' you may like to know that I can offer you an appointment between Tuesday, and Saturday between 9am to 7pm working online and by telephone.
We can initially arrange a short meeting when we can talk through what you would like from counselling and discuss any questions or concerns you may have. We can see how we feel about working together and then agree on a mutually acceptable time and day.
I look forward to hearing from you and should you feel you would like to find out more just send me an email, text or ring before booking an initial session.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI have robust professional experience within both education and social care sectors working with a wonderful variety of people before undertaking the counselling diploma journey. After qualifying in 2016 I have undertaken regular Continuing Professional Development which includes the Advanced Certificate of Psychotherapeutic Counselling in 2017 and more recently 2020 the certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling.
I maintain my CPD regularly by completing a variety of courses which have included
• Introduction to Therapeutic Creativity
• Mental Health Awareness.
• Psychodynamic Approach to Early Trauma
• Rewind technique in Trauma resolution
• Introduction to Mindfulness
• Working with children and young people
• Relational Therapy
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Children / teenagers
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Illness and dying
- Immune system support
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Sporting performance
- Start exercising
- Stop smoking
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken