Ms Maria Lonergan
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS19-07696
Location: Walton on Thames
I have over 8 years experience working with clients exploring issues such as addiction, abuse, depression, anxiety, relationship difficulties and many more.
I worked within a rape centre for 3 years and gained lots of knowledge and understanding in working with trauma and dissociative symptoms related to trauma. I have experience of working with DID and BPD.
I also have a particular interest in working with clients in relationships with people with narcissistic tendencies. I can help you understand the common characteristics of people with this type of personality and the impact it has on individuals. Coercive control is a common feature of being in a relationship with a narcissist and I can help you navigate through your feelings and thoughts around what you feel may be going on in your relationship along with strategies to help you cope.
- Qualifications & ExperienceDegree in Humanistic counselling
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Parenting skills
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken