Mr Del Wheeler
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS19-08514
In 2003 I first started counselling in a residential rehabilitation centre as counsellor in training. I completed my training as an Integrative Counsellor in 2006. In 2007 I moved to community outreach services in the South West engaging marginalised communities for two years. Following this I returned to counselling within the residential rehabilitation setting. After a year I became senior counsellor within at team of five counsellors. I carried a full case load facilitating one to one and group therapies. I also carried out the assessments for individuals referred to the centre.
I was then made assistant manager in 2012 in 2014 I was made Service Manager. I am now in my 7th year of being Service Manager of one of the highest performing residential rehabilitation centres in the country.
I qualified as a Accredited Counsellor Supervisor in 2019
I continue to provide one to one sessions to clients in aftercare, line management supervisor to a team of nine Counsellors, and I facilitate group therapies all day each Thursday.
I also have a modest private practice providing one to one counselling and counsellor supervision.
- Qualifications & ExperienceDiploma in Counselling 2006
Post Graduate in Psychotherapy 2006
Accredited Counsellor Supervisor 2019
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Emotional issues
- Panic attacks
- Phobias: spiders
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self esteem
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Languages Spoken