Mrs Jane Gurney
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS20-01157
Jane Gurney qualified through Plymouth University as an Integrative Counsellor using techniques from the Person Centred, Gestalt and Transactional Analysis approaches within a recognised framework.
Jane works within her local Hospice voluntarily supporting family members through their bereavement process and patients towards their end-of-life.
She also gives time to a local Counselling Agency who gain referrals from GP's within the North Somerset area.
Jane will work with individuals from all walks of life and speaks of herself as a caring, nurturing Counsellor helping others find their inner self and be their own autonomous person.
Using a creative side Jane can also work with using different mediums and tools within sessions and has gained extra insight and knowledge in this area through attending Creative Therapy workshops.
- Qualifications & ExperienceFdA Integrative Counselling, TA101, McMillan Cancer Care Support, AIM Counselling Skills, Bereavement Training (Hospice based)
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Illness and dying
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Stop smoking
- Suicidal feelings