Mr Clayton Elliott
Member Status: Accredited Professional
Member No: NCS20-01405
I believe that with the right support, we all have the ability to move towards a more fulfilling and satisfying life.
Although my core training is in Person-Centred counselling, I have a keen interest in other approaches, including mindfulness, eco-therapy and existentialism, which may be helpful for some people.
Beyond the counselling room, I am a father, musician and writer. I have worked and volunteered for environmental and social organisations for most of my adult life and am the founder of ‘Counselling for Social Change’ which ensures counselling is available to those on low incomes.
I am fully insured and DBS Checked. I’m an Accredited Member of the National Counselling Society and adhere to their Code of Ethics.
- Qualifications & Experience-Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision - CPCAB
-Accredited Member of the National Counselling Society (MNCS (Prof Accred))
-Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - CPCAB
-B.A. (Distinction) in Sociology & Writing - Monash University, Australia.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children