Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS21-02817
Enquiring about counselling can be daunting, having a space to talk and be heard may feel unfamiliar. I aim to be a warm and welcoming, exploring what brings you to therapy, if and how we can work together would usually be the focus of our first contact. I have worked collaboratively with individuals and groups in confidential and safe spaces during training and since qualifying in 2016.
I have experience in working with a range of unique needs and personal difficulties including trauma, stress, anxiety, depression, procrastination, low confidence and self-esteem and more.
I started my counselling training journey in 2001. I have volunteered within various counselling organisations in Sheffield and Barnsley since 2014. I currently work as a Trauma Focused Therapist at the Eva Therapy Service a charitable organisation that works with women and girls who have experienced domestic and sexual abuse. I have experience of delivering Psycho-education groups and low self-esteem programmes.
I have attended workshops/events including Creative Exploration of Self, Creative Practice, Solution Focused Practice, Self Care and Relaxation and Working with Sub personalities. My CPD interests include:- Self care, journal therapy, compassion fatigue, working with unconscious processes and creativity in the therapy room.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI completed my Professional Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy (NCS accredited) in 2016 and a Diploma in the Practice of Supervision (2021).
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Self-defeating behaviours