How to Apply
For student membership fees please contact us on 01903 200666 or email on email@example.com
If you're on an NCS Accredited course or in receipt of benefits please get in touch as you may be eligible for a further reduced rate!
We recognise you as an individual. You're a name, not a number.
Benefits of Student Membership
- Affordable membership costs - we keep our fees low because we know how much it costs to train, and how much other stuff you have to pay for
- A wonderful monthly digital magazine that we encourage members from all backgrounds to contribute to
- Access to a directory of reduced-fee supervision.
- Access to a directory of reduced-fee personal counselling.
- Discounted rates for insurance - you may well need it for your placement (and certainly beyond!)
- We can send you Society leaflets, pens, brochures and posters for your uses. Creative use is encouraged (please send photos)
- TOTUM card (previously known as NUS Extra).
- Royal Society for Public Health have waived their joining fee for NCS members - if you're interested, they do some good work
- NCS Members receive a 20% discount on titles from PCCS Books - we highly recommend them for groundbreaking, forward-thinking titles - the publishing house for counselling and psychotherapy
- NCS Members receive a 20% discount on Routledge’s products - some wonderful publications on a range of relevant topics
- NCS Members receive a 20% discount on Jessica Kingsley Publishers' books - a fantastic array of work related to counselling and psychotherapy and mental health in general
- NCS Members receive a 30% discount on selected titles with SAGE - a household name, and one of the leading publishers of books and journals internationally. You'll almost certainly want at least one SAGE book over your journey through counselling and psychotherapy. Probably more than that.
- Reduced fees on NCS online CPD courses - a variety of topics, easy to pick up and put down as you like, and a certificate once you've finished!
- Free CPD library available to NCS members - need we say any more?
- Ability to apply for tax relief on subscriptions - admittedly not the most exciting, but useful for those in private practice
Other Reasons to join the NCS
- The Society Register is Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority
- We believe that counselling is a vocation and want to ensure our members feel valued and supported
- We promote that the personal qualities of the counsellor are a key factor to success
- Membership is treated like a partnership with the Society
- Our members, in short, are the source of our expertise and we listen to what you have to say and share ideas with all our members
- We're recognised by a number of large (and small!) employers, such as the NHS, BUPA, AXA, the Department of Education, and more
- Belong to a body which gives you a direct voice in policy - make your voice heard
- Environmentally conscious with almost 100% of our work done online
- Talk to our friendly and knowledgeable team who can give you support and guidance with any relevant matters
- A team actively involved in PR and networking to raise the profile of the Society and counselling & psychotherapy in general to increase opportunities for paid work
- Friendly, timely and transparent in all of our interactions with our members
- A dedicated team member to help you with your application and your membership beyond that