Advanced Specialist Training status - Working with Children and Young People (CYP)
CYP specialist training courses are aimed at qualified and registered practitioners who wish to advance their learning and experience to work with CYP. Successful completion of this training can lead to an application for the Society’s CYPT Accredited register.
Specific criterion for this category of training recognition can be found in the CYPT training standards. General criteria for this level of training recognition is listed below:
- An Advanced Specialist course is intended for qualified and registered counsellors/psychotherapists.
- The course will be recognised by the NCS as suitable for established practitioners with a solid grounding in clinical skills and theoretical knowledge.
- The course will offer extensive support to practitioners in developing a specialist knowledge in order to work with CYP.
- It will normally contain at least 50 hours of live training 'in-the-room' or via a blended approach with synchronous online learning.
- It will contain a supervised placement of at least 50 hours working with CYP.
- It will include formal assessments which are acceptable to the Society. Examples of such can include, but are not limited to: essays; case studies; examination; presentations; supervised client hours etc.
- For application, the course will normally need to have been successfully completed by at least one cohort of students.
Please also refer to the Good Practice Guidance for working with CYP to support your application.
£250.00 annually per course. In addition, an assessment fee of £250 will be applicable per application.
Please send the above documents to the Society, by electronic transfer, with all requested materials and supporting evidence. All documents submitted must be page numbered, clearly labelled and submitted in lesson/module order.
Assessment will commence following receipt of payment and ALL requested evidence and documentation as per the application form. If you are unable to submit your application electronically please contact us for assistance – firstname.lastname@example.org.
All training providers must demonstrate a commitment to the NCS Code of Ethics.