Benefits of Individual Membership
- We believe that counselling is a vocation and want to ensure our members feel valued and supported.
- We view counselling as a unique vocation where the personal qualities of the counsellor are a key factor to success.
- Membership is treated like a partnership with the Society.
- Our members, in short, are the source of our expertise and we listen to what you have to say and share ideas with all our members.
- The Society continues to grow and gain recognition.
- The Society Register is Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
- Belong to a body which gives you a direct voice in policy - make your voice heard.
- Environmentally conscious with 90% of work done online.
- Friendly and knowledgeable team.
- A team actively involved in PR and networking to raise the profile of the Society and increase members opportunities.
- We recognise you as an individual. You are a name, not a number.
Straightforward Application Process
- Friendly, timely and transparent assessment for membership.
- Dedicated team member to help you with your application.
- Flexibility for full time, part time, paid or volunteer counsellors.
- Membership achievable post-qualification and for part time and volunteer counsellors.
- Preferential rates to attend events that are part of the NCS CPD training programme.
- We provide a wide range of client gaining services.
- Affordable membership costs - streamlined administration.
- Ability to apply for tax relief on subscriptions.
- Monthly digital magazine that members can contribute to.
- Preferential rates for insurance.
- Use of Society leaflets, pens, brochures and posters.
- Find a Counsellor listing on our website.
- Access to a directory of discounted supervision for student counsellors.
- Access to a directory of discounted personal counselling for student counsellors.
- As a student member of the Society you can apply for the TOTUM card (previously known as NUS Extra).
- NCS members get a free 6 month Listing in Psychology Today’s Therapy Directory.
- Royal Society for Public Health have waived their joining fee for NCS members.
- NCS Members receive a 20% discount on titles from PCCS Books.
- NCS Members receive a 20% discount on Routledge’s products.
- NCS Members receive a 20% discount on Jessica Kingsley Publishers' books.
- NCS Members receive a 30% discount on selected titles with SAGE.
- NCS Members receive an exclusive £5 off a monthly sole trader package, or 10% off a limited company package for the first 12 months with Crunch.
- The NCS is an approved body for those members who wish to explore tax relief.
- The NCS is dedicated to creating and making relevant online CPD courses available to members.
- Free CPD library available to NCS members.
Page last reviewed: 06 April 2021
Next review due: 06 April 2022